Hey everyone! Since I got such a wonderful response from my mermaid braid tutorial, I thought I would share another one of my favorite, go-to styles! I call this one “The Braided Boho”, it’s perfect for anyone who:
A) Hates getting long hair caught in their lipgloss
B) Has a ridiculous amount of vintage hair clips that you love to use
C) Isn’t super skilled at braiding but likes easy, braided up dos
D) Hasn’t washed their hair in a few days and needs to look cute
If you picked any of these choices, I can assure you that this hairstyle will quickly become your new best friend. It has a tousled, festival vibe while keeping pesky fly aways out of your face!
1. Tease your hair on top (and if you haven’t washed your hair in a while use some dry shampoo please for the love of all that is holy)
2. Divide your hair into two sections
3. On the thicker section, make a chunky fishtail braid (We will call this one, Braid A)
4. With the remaining hair, make a tight, regular braid going straight down the back (Braid B)
5. Take Braid B and wrap it around itself to make a tight bun. Bobby pin the bun in place.
6. Wrap Braid A around the bun and bobby pin it into place.
7. For tiny touches, pull a few strands loose in front and curl them. Use those cute vintage clips I was talking about earlier to tuck back strands! When you’re done it should look something like this:
Let me know what you think of this style in the comments!