Peppermint bark has always been my favorite holiday treat! It’s delicious, makes a perfect gift and is super easy to make!
8 oz semi sweet baking chocolate
8 oz white baking chocolate
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
2 tsp canola oil
crushed candy canes
- Melt semi sweet chocolate with 1 tsp of canola oil in the microwave, be sure to take the chocolate out of the microwave every 30 seconds or so and stir, it is extremely important not to burn it
- After chocolate is completely melted, stir in 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- put down plastic wrap and pour the mixture into a container
- sprinkle desired amount of crushed candy cane and refrigerate for 1 hour
5. After the chocolate is hardened, do the same process listed above to the bar of white chocolate
6. Pour the white chocolate on top and smooth over the layer of semi sweet chocolate, sprinkle candy cane on top
7. Refrigerate for about 2 hours
8. Break bark up and give it to your friends to put a smile on their face!
I hope that you all enjoyed this recipe and have a happy holiday season!